Tuesday, August 7, 2012

To Google or Not To Google-Doc, that is...

Finished our acceptable use guidelines.  you can access my google doc, CLICK HERE to view it.  I borrowed shamelessly from quite a few other schools/districts and added some specifics of my own.  I may need to add one more bullet about saving work every day and uploading to google docs. I'd like to thank Jonathan, Jamie and Marcus for their insight and suggestions.

so, to google or not to google.  we've been discussing today about the best way for students to be able to access their work at home since the iPads stay at school.   we proposed having students submit by email-but whew, clogs coming up!  I think I'd like for students to keep their docs in google docs and then create a blog page or wiki page as a portfolio as a summative activity.

P.S.  I'm still transitioning my unit to electronic format--and adapting it heavily as well.  One of my first new assignments is to log into Edmodo and watch a video I posted, then reply about what they learned about...I would rather they posted to Voicethread or something more sexy, but I am afraid I will blow their minds with too much too soon!  I hope i can get  a least a little ahead by the first actual classroom day on Monday!  Actually, have to turn in plans by Friday, so getting ahead will come sooner rather than later.

Speaking of transitioning to electronic format...i've decided that ibooks author SUCKS, i mean, really, I can't add a youtube video without having a Ph.D?

No comments:

Post a Comment