Thursday, December 6, 2012

Building a family tree

As an experiment prompted by a recent article I read, I thought about having students collaborate as a group while using individual iPads.  I picked my two smallest classes.  I didn't grade it, or even give much direction...I said they had to build a family tree using all the iPads available.  They worked to divide it up and make them...some were quite the works of art!  

It was pretty cool watching each of my students think critically about the smaller and larger pictures (figurative and metaphorical). 

Recommendations:
-make sure all iPads are on full brightness
-specify portrait or landscape
-make sure you have a surface where all the iPads will fit together!
and 
-If I were to do this again, I would make it a collaborative process in Spanish...and give the kids some speaking guides with useful phrases (Spanish I).  






No comments:

Post a Comment