Monday, September 10, 2012

One iPad down, almost...

My first block began normally.  All students attended.  Some grumbling about the early hour or it being Monday again.  We did all our activities then got ready to go.  Ipads got put up and some students left early to meet with the counselor for some conference info.  In the chaos, I managed to remember to scan the iPads and headphones for completion.  This is something I have to force myself to do at the beginning and end of every block.  Most of the time, no problems arise but to my horror, all but one iPad could be encountered.  I immediately asked around to make sure someone hadn't put it to the side by accident and then researched who the iPad was assigned to.  It did not have anyone assigned for that class period.  Humph.  I made everyone wait while I stepped out of the room to call the principal, hoping the culprit would put it back with no harm done.  Nope, not put back.  Principal came down and started searching bookbags when a brave and brash student stood up and climbed under the table where she saw it had been stashed in a book.  I have a witness who claims he saw it stashed but the  accused student does not admit taking it and has suffered virtually no consequences. On a positive note, I know to be continue being vigilant and the rest of the class is on alert now, too.

I hope this means that others will think twice before using these iPads as a savings and loan.

No comments:

Post a Comment